All Things Kate - archived

10.29.2004

Sling Baby

Carrying Kate in the sling when we are out is so fun. Everyone ooohs and ahhhs and makes audible comments, much more than if she's cooped up in the carseat. People are also very friendly and quick to offer help. For example, it was sprinkling and I was walking through the parking lot, and a sweet woman insisted I take her umbrella to protect Kate, and return it whenever to her tailoring shop. I think that there are less sling-mommas in Richmond than places like Austin, so it makes us stand out. And Kate loves sitting forward in the sling (in a Buddha pose), taking the world in. She's very content to be near momma and able to see everything that's going on!

4 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh! You need to post a pic of you with Kate in the sling! What kind do you have? I didn't use the ones I had much with the first three, but then totally loved my MW pouch with #4. It was so easy to pop him in and out of it, and kept my hands free while hanging laundry or chasing the other boys. (Or, when he was snoozing while I was writing at the computer. . . *grin*)

I must say, I'm enjoying everyone's babies vicariously. I really miss that time, and my baby is *sniff, sniff* FOUR next month.

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops. That was me.

TulipGirl

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger kristen said...

A,
There is a picture of me slinging Kate in the latest set :o)

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! Great pics! *grin*


TulipGirl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home