All Things Kate - archived

5.02.2006

22 months old


Kate is 22 months old today and simply blossoming. I am astonished at her development and how quickly she grows and learns right before my eyes. She's using hundreds and hundreds of words and learning a dozen or more every day. She woke up last night and I went into her room and asked, "what's wrong, sweetheart?" and she replied, "I'm SAD, Mommy!" Her motor skills are developing, too. A few days ago she found a puzzle set I had bought last year for her to grow into (and to share with older kids who come over until then.) There aren't pegs on the pieces and the age range is 3+ so I wasn't expecting her to be interested. She immediately caught on to the nine shapes puzzle and after helping her do it the first time she can now complete it in a minute flat. She asks to read and likes to summarize the stories in her own little way. She's also started to eat what we do for dinner and uses utensils with some ease. She's went over to hang out with some friends while Mike and I went on a date (with the baby) a few weeks ago and they set her a little place with a plate, spoon and a fork and she proceeded to eat Club crackers with a fork and spoon!

4 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Tricia said...

It looks like you got the Pedipeds. Do you like them? Did you get them from the Pediped site or find a better deal?

Kate is such a cutie. I've so enjoyed watching her grow via pictures and blog posts. :)

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger kristen said...

I got them from a coop for $16.50/pr (including shipping!) I bought a pair for each girl. (Lexi got the white carolines with red flowers.) Unfortunately, I think they aren't doing coops anymore. :o/

The soles of the pedipeds are thicker than robeez but a little slicker - once they scuff up on pavement, I've heard they get grippier and if you are concerned you could scuff them up easily before wear.

The soft stars she had in the fall are probably better outdoor shoes, but still not great in pouring rain or puddles.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger kristen said...

I keep thinking I'll stop being amazed at everything... I KNOW what's coming next, I have a good deal of experience with small children... but there's just something about watching your own child learn before your eyes that is incredible.

I've always heard it as Robe-Ease (easier than typing phonetically, sorry) so that's what I say!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Lenise said...

That puzzle sounds like something Jay would like. He's still having trouble orienting the more complicated shapes, though I think he's catching on with his knobbed puzzles that the wheels go on top of the wheels, etc. Of course, it's hard to tell, because he now thinks it's hilarious to put the police car shape over the fish space. Little ham!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home