All Things Kate - archived

8.27.2005

Kate got tagged

Kate got tagged by Dustin to name 5 songs she's digging right now.
1. "E eats Everything" by They Might Be Giants
2. "Vertigo" by U2
3. "The Poopsmith Song" by Over the Rhine
4. "Thankful" by Caedmon's Call
5. The techno songs Aunt Laura and Uncle Robbie play for me

Kate's Commentary:
1. They Might Be Giants is a really fun band and their ABC CD is what all the cool babies are digging these days. 2. U2 is my all-time favorite band and "Vertigo" is my all-time favorite song. As soon as mom and dad got the latest CD, I made them play it for me on repeat every time I sleep. 3. This song is really educational. I'm learning about the whole potty thing for later. 4. This is a good song that is fun to dance to. 5. Mommy doesn't know the name of the songs that they play for me, but techno music makes me dance really fast and I like that.

Kate tags: All of the mommy bloggers who have babies and toddlers to tell me what they are digging so I can give it a listen!

5 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Devona said...

Kate,
I'm so proud of your for your musical diversity. Over the Rhine is such a mature band, you must be very smart. Hopefully they will still be together when you are older so that you can see them perform live. It is a wonderful experience.

Olivia wanted me to let you know her 5 songs.
1: Mushaboom, by Fiest
2: I am Jesus' Little Lamb, by her mom.
3: The Beast in Me, by Martin Sexton
4: The Lucky One, by Alisson Kraus
5: Orphan Girl, by Emmylou Harris

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger kristen said...

Miss Devona (I'm a southern baby, so I can say that),
You should definitely download that Over the Rhine song for Olivia. It is good and it has a good message for babies. My mom sings hymns to me, too. She keeps singing this one, "Not all the Blood of Beasts" to some special tune that sounds like a lullaby. She also sings faster ones like "A Mighty Fortress" and "How Firm a Foudation" and I like those especially if she helps me to keep time with my hands. Olivia has really good taste in music, too.

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They Might Be Giants Here Come the ABCs is great for kids; don't forget No!, which I think is even better. Our 4-year old learned how to use a mouse by playing with the CDROM version

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Lenise said...

Well, Jay did a little dancing to Ace of Base, but not much. Maybe I'll have to try Paul's swing album...

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger kristen said...

Kate dances without prompting to rap and techno. Other things take my dancing along to encourage her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home