All Things Kate - archived

12.08.2005

Joy

Last night our small group had a Christmas dinner and around the adult table, there were small antique brass bells as decorations. Kate delighted in ringing them and getting everyone to ring theirs along with her. She also delighted in getting Drew, a fourth grade boy, to clean up after her as she threw things from a basket onto the floor. Oh, the giggling!

She's learning more new words every day. She picked up "french fry" the other day, perhaps her 5th time eating the greasy treat. "Socks" go on before our beloved shoes, so they rated high enough to add to her vocabulary. "Puppy... Dog... Woof!" is another fun one.

4 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Devona said...

Dog and Woof are big ones around here. I tried puppy, and she looked at me like I was crazy, "uh, Mom, that's a dog. I have no idea what you're talking about with this 'puppy' nonsense."

On a totally different note. Has anyone else noticed that the little word verificatioin things are starting to make more phonetic sense? It used to be just a string of consonants, now it's like little made up words. Mine for this post is: "dooyduin."

I like the sound of that. :)

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger kristen said...

Do y'all have a dog?

I think it's so weird that Kate is so obsessed with animals considering we don't have any.

I have noticed the same thing about the verification...

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Devona said...

We don't have a dog, but my ILs do. It's a schnoodle (schnouser poodle) however you spell it. His name is Luther. He could have been a Calvin, too, though. He's half german, half french. ;)

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I love keeping up with Kate and I know she will love reading all of this someday! Thanks for writing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home